Step 1: Complete the Cal State Apply Application
Complete the California State University online application on the Cal State Apply website. Submit the application to SDSU before submitting any other documents. The application requires a $55 USD fee that is non-refundable and may not be transferred to another term.
Guidelines for Completing the Cal State Apply Application
- The name on your Cal State Apply online application must match the name on your passport.
- Your date of birth must be submitted in Month/Day/Year format (mm/dd/yyyy).
- Your application will only be reviewed for the program you selected on your Cal State Apply application.
- Only one application per student per term will be considered. Do not submit multiple applications as this will result in processing delays.
- Review the list of graduate academic programs and the program descriptions in the Graduate Bulletin to confirm you are applying to the correct program.
- Provide an accurate and valid email address. If you fail to provide us with a valid email address, you will not receive information critical to your status as an applicant. Please adjust your privacy settings to ensure you receive emails from SDSU.
- After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email.