The College Avenue Compact was created as a means to assure students from schools within the City Heights Educational Collaborative are college-bound. The City Heights Educational Collaborative, an innovative educational initiative designed to assist inner-city children to achieve educational excellence.
Distinguishing features of the Collaborative are:
- Highly qualified teachers and administrators and sufficient numbers of teachers and administrators;
- Appropriately sized classrooms, number of students;
- Clean, safe and well maintained facilities;
- Enriched educational experiences outside the classroom;
- Enhanced support from San Diego State University;
- Strong social and healthcare support systems;
- Strong commitment to counseling and mentoring;
- Emphasis on parent participation
The Collaborative is a partnership among San Diego State University, San Diego Unified School District, San Diego Education Association, and Price Charities.