I Have Applied
What Happens Next
Over the next few months, special attention will be given to reviewing each application. There are steps you can take to make sure you have a smooth admissions experience:
- Create your SDSU WebPortal account.
- Complete your SDSU Supplemental Application in the SDSU WebPortal by January 22, 2019. Review Step 3 on the Steps to Apply page for more information.
- If you applied to a major with special instructions:
- Dance, Music, Television, Film and New Media: Production and Theatre Arts: Performance, you will receive further instructions by the department regarding additional requirements, such as an audition or application.
- Upper-division nursing transfers and second bachelor's in nursing applicants must also complete the SDSU Supplemental Application and answer the specific nursing questions.
- Check your admission status periodically through your SDSU WebPortal account.
- Keep your email address updated.
Notices of admission will be available in your SDSU WebPortal in March 2019. To accept an offer of admission, you must submit the online nonrefundable Intent to Enroll deposit and official transcripts with fall 2018 grades by May 1, 2019. You will also separately submit final official transcripts with spring 2019 term grades postmarked by June 30, 2019.
Keep Your Grades Up!
Admission is based on self-reported information from your Cal State Apply and SDSU Supplemental Applications. Once you are provisionally admitted, we will verify this information against your official transcript(s). Please make sure to complete and report accurate information.
Your admission may be rescinded for the following reasons:
- You did not complete the SDSU Supplemental Application by the published deadline.
- Your GPA or course grades are lower than what you reported on the application
- You miss any admission deadlines
- You earn D or F grades
- You misreported or did not complete a required course
- You misreported earning an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) similar to your intended major by spring 2019.
For information about SDSU's transfer admission requirements, including completion of 60 transferable semester units, General Education, preparation for the major courses, and GPA, please review the transfer admission criteria.
If you are denied admission, or if you miss any admission deadline, it is unlikely that our decision will be reversed on appeal. Learn about our appeals process.