I Have Applied
What Happens Next
Over the next few months, special attention will be given to reviewing each application. There are steps you can take to make sure you have a smooth admissions experience:
- Create your SDSU WebPortal account.
Within two weeks of submitting your Cal State Apply application, you will receive an email from San Diego State University that includes your RedID number, which is your SDSU student identification number. You will use this number to create your SDSU WebPortal account and in the future, you will use this number to log in to your SDSU WebPortal account to check the status of your application.
Guidelines for Creating an SDSU WebPortal Account
- You must have a valid email address to create your SDSU WebPortal account.
- Check your spam and junk email folders to ensure your privacy settings are not preventing you from receiving email from SDSU. Your email privacy settings should be adjusted to receive SDSU emails.
- You will be asked to enter your Social Security Number (SSN) to create your SDSU WebPortal account. If you do not have a SSN or if you did not report your SSN on the application, enter your RedID number in this field instead.
- If you need additional assistance activating your SDSU WebPortal account, please contact the SDSU Office of the Registrar at [email protected].
If you previously applied to San Diego State University and have an existing SDSU WebPortal account, visit the SDSU WebPortal home page, select Log In, and enter the password that you previously created. Please do not select Create New Account.
If you cannot remember the password that you previously created, follow the steps listed below:
- Go to the SDSU WebPortal home page
- Select Log In
- Select Can't Log In
- Select Reset Password
- Once you select Reset Password, an email with a temporary password will be sent to you. Use this temporary password to continue with the log in process.
- Go back to the SDSU WebPortal home page and select Log In.
- On the Account Authentication screen, enter your RedID (which is listed in your acknowledgment email) in the RedID/User Name field, and the temporary password that you received in the email.
If you need assistance, please contact the Office of the Registrar at [email protected].
- If you are applying for fall 2021, complete your SDSU Supplemental Application in the SDSU WebPortal by January 25, 2021. Review Step 3 on the Fall Steps to Apply page for more information.
- If you are applying for spring 2021, then you do
notneed to complete and submit the SDSU Supplemental Application.
- If you applied to a major with special instructions:
- Dance, Music, Television, Film and New Media: Production and Theatre Arts: Performance, you will receive further instructions by the department regarding additional requirements, such as an audition or application.
- Upper-division nursing transfers and second bachelor's in nursing applicants for fall 2021 admission must also complete the SDSU Supplemental Application and answer the specific nursing questions.
- Check your admission status periodically through your SDSU WebPortal account.
- Keep your email address updated.
Notice of Admission and Intent to Enroll
|Spring 2021 Admission|
|October 2020||Notice of admission will be available in your SDSU WebPortal.|
|October 30, 2020||Accept offer of admission by submitting official transcripts with summer 2020 grades.|
|January 11, 2021||Submit final official transcripts with fall 2020 grades.|
|Fall 2021 Admission|
|March 2021||Notice of admission will be available in your SDSU WebPortal.|
|May 1, 2021||Accept offer of admission by completing and submitting the online nonrefundable Intent to Enroll deposit and official transcripts with fall 2020 grades.|
|July 15, 2021||Submit final official transcripts with spring 2021 grades.|
Keep Your Grades Up!
Admission is based on self-reported information from your Cal State Apply and SDSU Supplemental Applications (if applying for the fall term). Once you are provisionally admitted, we will verify this information against your official transcript(s). Please make sure to complete and report accurate information.
Your admission may be rescinded for the following reasons:
- You did not complete the SDSU Supplemental Application by the published deadline (if applying for fall).
- Your GPA or course grades are lower than what you reported on the application
- You miss any admission deadlines
- You earn D or F grades
- You misreported or did not complete a required course
- You misreported earning an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) similar to your intended major by summer 2020 for spring 2021 admission or spring 2021 for fall 2021 admission.
If you are denied admission, or if you miss any admission deadline, it is unlikely that our decision will be reversed on appeal. Learn about our appeals process.