Founded in 1897, San Diego State University is a public institution of higher education located in southern California. SDSU is the oldest and largest university in San Diego and the third largest in the state. SDSU continues to gain recognition as a leader in higher education.
- International business program: No. 11 in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report
- Entrepreneurship program: No. 37 in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report
- Research: Grant funding rose 10 percent in 2018–19, reaching $148.5 million—the second-highest amount in university history.
- Diversity: Top 30 nationwide for ethnic diversity, according to U.S. News and World Report.
- Fulbright scholars: More than 90 students have received Fulbright awards, making SDSU a top producer in Fulbright winners.
- Lifelong learning classes, seminars, and certificate programs through SDSU World Campus
Admitted Freshmen Student Profile (Fall 2019)
Viejas Arena is one of the premiere collegiate arenas in the nation: home to Aztec Basketball and host to entertainers such as Rihanna and Bon Jovi. The Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre is in the heart of campus and was constructed in a natural canyon. Artists such as Anderson .Paak and Adele have performed for sold out crowds.
The arts are alive on campus with multiple theatres hosting plays, musicals, films, music ensembles and dance. For more information visit the School of Theatre, Television, and Film or the School of Music and Dance websites.
San Diego Trolley
The San Diego Trolley is an affordable way to get from SDSU to all of the hot spots around San Diego, including SDCCU Stadium, Fashion Valley mall, and Old Town San Diego.