I Have Applied
Fall 2020 Freshman Applicants
SDSU receives thousands of applications during the filing period. Over the next few months, special attention will be given to reviewing each application. Initial admission decisions will be based on the information you reported on your application and the academic qualifications of the applicant pool. Notices of admission will be available in your SDSU WebPortal by mid-March 2020.
In the meantime, there are steps you can take to make sure you have a smooth admissions experience.
- Create your SDSU WebPortal account.
- Visit the SDSU WebPortal home page and select Create New Account.
- Enter your RedID, which is listed in your acknowledgment email, and your birthdate and then select Activate.
- Once you select Activate, an email with a temporary password will be sent to you.
- Go back to the SDSU WebPortal home page and select Log In.
- On the Account Authentication screen, enter your RedID (which is listed in your acknowledgment email) in the RedID/User Name field, and the temporary password that you received in the email (which was sent to you after selecting Activate).
- Select Log In.
- Check your admission status periodically using the SDSU WebPortal and keep your email address updated.
Keep Your Grades Up!
If you are admitted, courses you listed on your application as in progress or planned must be completed with grades of C- or higher by the end of the spring 2020 term. You must also maintain your reported overall grade point average. If you earn a grade of D or F during your senior year, or if your grade point average drops below what was reported on your application, or if you misreported a required course, any offer of admission may be withdrawn.
For information about SDSU's freshman admission requirements, please review the freshmen admission criteria.
If you are denied admission, or if you miss an admission deadline, it is unlikely that our decision will be reversed on appeal unless you have serious and extenuating circumstances. Learn about our appeals process.
Admission Status Check
- Check your SDSU WebPortal for the latest information on your admission status.
- Fall admission notices will be available by mid-March in your SDSU WebPortal.