I Have Applied
Fall 2019 Freshman Applicants
SDSU receives thousands of applications during the filing period. Over the next few months, special attention will be given to reviewing each application. Initial admission decisions will be based on the information you reported on your application and the academic qualifications of the applicant pool. Notices of admission will be available in your SDSU WebPortal by mid-March 2019.
In the meantime, there are steps you can take to make sure you have a smooth admissions experience.
- Create your SDSU WebPortal account.
- Check your admission status periodically using the SDSU WebPortal and keep your email address updated.
- Request an on-campus housing license agreement if you plan to apply for on-campus housing. To do so, go to the Admission Status section of your SDSU WebPortal account and request a Housing License Agreement. Note that admitted first-time freshmen from outside SDSU's local admission area are required to live on campus for two years. Students are in SDSU's local admission area if they graduate from a high school in San Diego County located south of state route 56 and extending eastward AND Imperial County high schools.
Keep Your Grades Up!
If you are admitted, courses you listed on your application as in progress or planned must be completed with grades of C- or higher by the end of the spring 2019 term. You must also maintain your reported overall grade point average. If you earn a grade of D or F during your senior year, or if your grade point average drops below what was reported on your application, or if you misreported a required course, any offer of admission may be withdrawn.
For information about SDSU's freshman admission requirements, please review the freshmen admission criteria.
If you are denied admission, or if you miss an admission deadline, it is unlikely that our decision will be reversed on appeal. Learn about our appeals process.
Admission Status Check
- Check your SDSU WebPortal for the latest information on your admission status.
- Fall admission notices will be available by mid-March in your SDSU WebPortal.